Serves 4; Prep time: 20 minutes; Cook
time: 10 minutes
1 teaspoon olive oil
1⁄2 large onion, chopped
1 pound grass-fed ground beef
1 tablespoon organic taco seasoning blend
1 head of Romaine lettuce (bottom removed),
leaves washed and cross-cut into thin strips
1 to 1 1⁄2 cups grated, packaged Mexican blend
or pepper jack cheese
Prepared fresh salsa—hotness to taste
1 large ripe avocado, quartered and cut into
1) Heat olive oil in a large skillet over
medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until softened—about 2 to 3 minutes.
2) Add ground beef, breaking into small pieces
with a utensil. Allow beef to cook and brown lightly with the onion, continuing
to break up into small chunks, until no longer pink—about 5 minutes.
3) Stir in taco seasoning, mix to blend, and
remove from heat. Drain any excess oil and set aside.
4) Assemble 4 dinner plates with a mound of
romaine lettuce in the center of each plate.
5) Top with 2 large serving spoons of seasoned
warm beef/onion mixture.
6) Sprinkle 1⁄4 to 1/3 cup shredded cheese on
top of beef.
7) Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of salsa over
cheese.8) Top with 1⁄4 avocado per serving and 2 to 3
tablespoons sour cream.